sick dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, you DON'T want the chicken and RICE combo, you should get a separate jar of chicken and a separate jar of squash, mix a small amt of the chicken with a larger amt of squash with a little bit of water or Pedialyte to thin it slightly. Put drops on his nose with a plastic medicine dropper that he will hopefully lick off, give him all that he will take. You could even put a small pinch of calcium or vitamins in it and mix well, depending on which day it is to use the certain supplement.

That's good that you're removing the sand, that will be much safer. Since there's a chance he may have ingested some, I suggest you increase the baths to at least every other day, every day if you can. Also gently massage his right side from armpit to vent and if you feel any hardened areas, massage VERY gently in a circular motion trying to move it closer to his vent.

Since you have a thermometer that isn't giving a good reading, that could very well be a big part of the eating & pooping problem. You can get this thermometer at Walmart for about $12.00, it's the AcuRite brand and should be in the area where the plastic thermometers are sold. Since this one has dual readings, you can get both the basking & cool side temp at the same time & it also has a humidity readout.
100_0297.jpg

What you do is lay the probe end so that it is resting on (actually touching) the basking spot under the light and place the thermometer part way over on the bottom of the cool side, wait about 45 min for the temp to stop rising, then the "out" reading will be the basking temp and the "in" reading the cool side temp.

How old and what length is your beardie? We don't usually recommend feeding supers until they are at least 15 to 16 inches, so just double checking his size.

I'm glad that you're using the strip fluorescent Repti-Sun. How old is that bulb? When it is 5 to 6 mo old, it will need changing and would suggest you get the Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent then as that one puts out more ultra violet rays. You can get it here at a very reasonable price and if you get the same length, you can put it in the same hood that the other one is in now. http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

Let us know how he is doing today.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":981d0 said:
Actually, you DON'T want the chicken and RICE combo, you should get a separate jar of chicken and a separate jar of squash, mix a small amt of the chicken with a larger amt of squash with a little bit of water or Pedialyte to thin it slightly. Put drops on his nose with a plastic medicine dropper that he will hopefully lick off, give him all that he will take. You could even put a small pinch of calcium or vitamins in it and mix well, depending on which day it is to use the certain supplement.

That's good that you're removing the sand, that will be much safer. Since there's a chance he may have ingested some, I suggest you increase the baths to at least every other day, every day if you can. Also gently massage his right side from armpit to vent and if you feel any hardened areas, massage VERY gently in a circular motion trying to move it closer to his vent.

Since you have a thermometer that isn't giving a good reading, that could very well be a big part of the eating & pooping problem. You can get this thermometer at Walmart for about $12.00, it's the AcuRite brand and should be in the area where the plastic thermometers are sold. Since this one has dual readings, you can get both the basking & cool side temp at the same time & it also has a humidity readout.
100_0297.jpg

What you do is lay the probe end so that it is resting on (actually touching) the basking spot under the light and place the thermometer part way over on the bottom of the cool side, wait about 45 min for the temp to stop rising, then the "out" reading will be the basking temp and the "in" reading the cool side temp.

How old and what length is your beardie? We don't usually recommend feeding supers until they are at least 15 to 16 inches, so just double checking his size.

I'm glad that you're using the strip fluorescent Repti-Sun. How old is that bulb? When it is 5 to 6 mo old, it will need changing and would suggest you get the Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent then as that one puts out more ultra violet rays. You can get it here at a very reasonable price and if you get the same length, you can put it in the same hood that the other one is in now. http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

Let us know how he is doing today.

ok thanks im going to the store to get him that baby food in a couple mins. he is about 19' long i havent weighted him recently so im not sure how much he weighs, he's 9 months or so. i got him in june but im not sure how old he was then. my light is about due to be changed its 6 months old. ui was usuing the wrong one for the first couple months until somebody on here told me. i think it was a power sun or something, i got it at petco. it was for desert animals.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he still hasn't pooped, he's more active should i give it more time or should i make a vet apt?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
sorry i may have missed this but when was her last poop?
also how long have you been bathing daily and giving the babyfood and olive oil?

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Pleaides":7f6ac said:
sorry i may have missed this but when was her last poop?
also how long have you been bathing daily and giving the babyfood and olive oil?

he hasnt pooped in 2/3 weeks now and wont eat anything, i've been mixing baby food (chicken and squash) with water and calcium when its time for his calcium. 2x a day and daily baths, he still feels dehydrated though. so i dont know whats going on.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
GOOD NEWS!! HE POOPED!!!!! haha im soooo happy now. he still not eating worms but one step at a time. so i guess i dont have to make a vet apt. but man when i came home i could tell he pooped, as soon as i walked in the door and he was upstairs. there was aa HUGE pile of poop. hahah thought i would update everone on firecracker, he is def gettign a bath, he has poop everywhere.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh thats great he finally went and i bet he thought "wow thats much better" yep one step at a time, id ease back into livefood, id continue the baths until his poop is more normal and regular again.
good luck.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yea, i've been trying to get him to eat silkies and supers, but he dosent wnat anythign to do with them, but he loves the baby food.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
haha you got that right, he's been in his hide all day, so i took him out and he just looked at me like i was being mean. hahah but i still love him, i hope that he feels 100% better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom