Sick beardie

Oniwa

Original Poster
Hello,

How is she doing today, is she gaining weight slowly?
I hope she is improving, but it will definitely be slow.
Please keep us updated on her progress.

Tracie
Her weight is going up and down, but its been pretty stable for the most part. I think she is improving slightly, as she is eating a few bugs here and there again. We're still giving her the critical care along with syringe feedings. She is still pretty lethargic but there has been a few days where she will come out for a walk. Her eye is still bothering her so we're using sterile saline to flush/wipe her eye, which seems to help her open her eye a bit easier after treatment. We were prescribed metronidazole but we cant remember what it was exactly for. We're planning to take her to a second vet for a second opinion.

Oniwa

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply! Sometimes you can’t really tell from the pics, especially on the phone screen and I thought I’d ask as glass blocks out almost all UVB.

How is the kiddo feeling?
I just gave an update on my latest reply. I appreciate your concern :)

Morri

Beardie name(s)
Zoom
I just gave an update on my latest reply. I appreciate your concern :)
Just read! Yay for eating and walks! Hope she continues to steadily improve. And second opinion can be helpful, both for her health and your sanity.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope her eye clears up, but at least it isn't bothering her too much right now.
The Metronidazole was likely for parasites on the fecal exam. Sometimes it is used to appetite
stimulation also.
It sounds like she is feeling better especially if she is eating a little bit on her own. Continue with
the critical care right now, just to help with nutritional support . I hope she continues to improve
for you & be sure to keep us updated on her progress.

Tracie

Oniwa

Original Poster
I just wanted to add this little note about the eye if anyone has some advice or guidance on how to go from here. The first photo labeled "good eye" is of the eye that is not bothering her and otherwise normal (albeit sunken). The rest of the photos are of the one that is an issue and has been for roughly 2 weeks. She is able to open it sometimes but for the most part it stays closed. I've been saline flushing her eye along with using a q tip to try and wipe around her eye/eye lid with it but i've started to notice about a week ago that she has a sort of downward gaze. I've observed her rubbing her eye against things along with scratching it with her limbs, especially when i try to saline flush it, but regardless i've seen it happen without me doing anything to it.

Attachments

• good eye.jpg
    good eye.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8762.jpg
    IMG_8762.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8764.jpg
    IMG_8764.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8765.jpg
    IMG_8765.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 17

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today? It looks like she doesn't feel
real good there.
Are you keeping her well hydrated too since she has
been on some medications?
I hope she is eating some on her own right now. Keep
trying with her to help boost her immune system.
Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom