Sick Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makubex01

Hatchling Member
I am asking about a beardie on behalf of my family. Although I am not sure exactly what happened to him, I will try my best to fill in the information.

The beardie is about 1 and a half years old. Lethargic and blackbearding like crazy. He has paper towels as his substrate and is enclosed in a 45g tank. His diets are veggies and apples. Yes, no crickets or worms. Don't ask me why. He is not my beardie. I am not sure about his temps, but I think the beardie is using repti-glo 5.0 and has a heating lamp.

As I mention before, this beardie is not mine. But they wanted me to ask this forum about him. He is currently black bearding and lethargic. Sluggish movements and barfed like 2 days ago. Is there something wrong with him? Any ideas? I suspect parasites and I told them to go to the vet, but they wanted to ask this forum first.

So throw me your suspicion.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We need a bit more information on the tank setup.
What type of UVB are you using, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? A Reptiglo 5 is not nearly enough UVB emissions for a bearded dragon who has high requirements for UVB exposure. I highly recommend getting a Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb. Do NOT get a Reptiglo 10 tube or coil light, or a Zilla tube or coil either. What type of basking light are you using?
What are the temps in the tank?
What types of foods have you been feeding him?
Do they supplement calcium?
What do the stools look like?

Tracie

makubex01

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am not too sure on the info since it is not my beardie. But I know it is a flourescent tube. His stools are watery, like diahhrea. I thought I mention the tank setup already. His substrates are paper towels in a 45 gallon tank. I am not sure what are the temperatures in the tank.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Maybe if you can find out the answers to the questions posted above, someone may be able to help them more. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom