Should my beardie shed before now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyspark

Hatchling Member
I've had my beardie since December 14th. It was shedding that day.

Here is a pic of it now.

It has not shed since. It seems I remember my other beardie shedding quicker.
It has a new uvb, 10.0, gets fed veggies and calcium dusted crickets 2x a day, is in a 30 gallon tank with a basking temp of around 105, anything higher and it won't bask, cool side is 80-85.

I offer water from a dropper each day, it drinks and actually runs up to the dropper when it sees it.

What is a normal shed rate for a dragon this size, is mine normal? It has definetly grown.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Is the uvb a coil/compact or Tube? Do you let him eat for as much as he'll eat in 15 mins? Do you use vitimins? Do you use colored bulbs? What kind of veggies do you feed?

trickyspark

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is a tube, I don't use coils.

He has a bowl of squash, mustard, and turnip greens. That stays in and gets refreshed swapped out. I have reptivite that I dust a cricket with twice a week. I don't want to overdose him.

I drop one cricket in at a time until he quits eating, though lately he seems to want to bask mainly. I dust each cricket with calcium. The calcium is Jurrasical without D3. I do not use any colored bulbs. The UVB light is about 8 inches away.

His poop is nice and firm (and goes well with a Ritz, jk). His basking light is a 50w Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp. It is on a thermostat,checked with temp gun and 3 different thermometers...ummmm I think that's everything.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
He needs his feeders dusted with calcium 5x a week one feeding a day. Vitamins 2x a week one feeding a day. Also he nedds the calcium with d3 since you do use the tube so his body can make calcium.

trickyspark

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I keep reading mixed info a bout d3. Most of what I read says uvb alliws the dragon to produce its own d3.

He has started loosing weight, not wanting to eat. He will drink, and when I do get food diwn him he will poop later. He will mainly just lay there, occasionally moving in or out from under the basking lamp.

His skin is starting to appear loose and baggy, a little paler like it might shed. He has a fat belly, rounded underneath not on the sides.

He goes from looking ok, to looking thin and near death. Perhaps he was sick when I got him.?

He was extremely aggressive for 3 weeks, but ate well. Now he is lethargic and not eating well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom