Should i switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Hey!
I really dislike bugs a lot and I'm kinda having a bad experience with these crickets! I ordered reptiworms and I'm gonna give them a try. Is it true reptiworms and a couple varieties of other worms could replace crickets?

I feel bad because I know crickets are good for dragons, and they can Chase the crickets. So should I try to get used to them or are worms ok?
I would honesty rather work with worms :/

Does anyone feed their beardie just worms? Btw my beardie is like 4 inches and I'm guessing 1 month.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Not many people like those icky stinky crickets, myself included.

The reason why baby beardies are fed mostly crickets is because crickets are very high in protein--which is essential for beardie growth--and water content.
The next best thing are phoenix worms, but they are very costly; same with silkworms.
You could supplement the crickets with baby supers, but they don't have as much calcium content as crickets and are high in phosphorus.

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much. I wish phoenix worms weren't costly :( I guess I'll try to use crickets and get used to them.
Thanks for the info!

NwBrdOwnr

Hello, I started with crickets as well. I also hated them. I switched to phoenix worms last week and my little guy loves them. He is around 7 weeks. He also has eaten close to 300 in a week. It is costly but if you can do it I would. I have seen a huge improvement all around with feeding these. I placed my second order already and will stick with these with supplementing with other feeders on occasion

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh good, I'm glad to hear. I just got my reptiworms in the mail, and my little guy loves them as well! Like you said, I'm thinkin about switching.

So, arnt reptiworms and phoenix worms alike? I think I've heard that somewhere. And the cost on reptiworms.com arnt bad!
But wow, 300 a week! Haha they sure have big bellies :)

I wish I didn't get 250 crickets last week. It's so many, and I just want to keep feeding worms. Oh well.

Thanks!

NwBrdOwnr

I have ordered both RW and PW I have had problems with RW to where I have not used them yet. I ordered then 2 wks ago and still have not received them. I read somewhere as well that PW are a little better nutrition wise. I ordered 400 med sized this time so we will see how quick they go. Hope they work for you. I would try PW to just to mix it up a bit. they might be similar but they have small differences. That is what I am doing

kFitz

Hatchling Member
reptiworms, phoenix worms, and calciworms are all different brand names for black soldier fly larvae. The only difference between them is the different foods the companies feed. As far as experiences go, I have had the best experience with the phoenix worm brand. They seem to last longer for me, both them living longer and not turning black as fast (they turn black as a cocoon to turn into the flies). When I ordered reptiworms they can and half were dead and the other half turned black and into flies super quick. Caliworms seem to have the same problem for me in that they turn black too fast. To remedy the morphing, you can always try ordering the medium worms instead of large worms.
Long story short, i recommend the phoenix worm brand.
Kelly

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, yeah I think I'm gonna order phoenix worms because it seems like the favorite. Thanks for all the helpful info guys :) ( Ew, flies?! Lol )

That's wierd ur rw Havnt come yet!

Thanks! :)

kFitz

Hatchling Member
it's been super hot all over the country. I know a lot of the places won't ship if the temps are too high... maybe that's why?

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Pop them an email or a phone call. If it is due to high heat, or some other problem, they should be happy to help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom