should i have a hide in my babys tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i have a log with a washcloth tented over it as a hide but it seems like he spends all his time in there should i take it out and replace it with something he cant hide under? i think i have new mommy syndrome im so worried about him :roll:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I have a cave in my babies tank but, he hardly ever goes in it. If your dragon is in it's hide all the time and you remove it, would it get upset? Is the rest of the enclosure open or is there a lot of other decor in there?

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
no its pretty open i hate clutterd tanks. i think im just overly worried i havent had a baby in 2 years :roll:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I am not sure if I seen your intro for your baby, I will have to go look for it unless you feel like PM'ing me the link.. lol please? I also do not like cluttered enclosures, I don't think my dragons would like them either.. :wink:

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
A hide actually helps them feel safer and results in a less stressed and happier dragon. In my opinion they should always have a hide they can retreat to.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
my dragon only seems to come off his basking spot to poop =( he has a hide on the cooler side of the tank, but rarely uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom