Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Hey just wondering if I should be worried about my male Yogi...It seems like he goes through phases each day, like today and yesterday he's out basking all day, but every 3-4 days he'll decide to bask for a couple hours then go sleep in his cave for the rest of the day, and sometimes won't even get out the next day unless we make him. Then other days he'll be running all around his cave and glass dancing!

The main thing that has been bothering me is that he is hardly interested in food. The only thing I can get him to eat are superworms and that's only like every other day or so, it seems like forever since he ate veggies and if I throw in a few crickets he just stares at them!!! He'll even let them crawl on his head and not even care! (Don't worry if he doesn't start eating them within a couple minutes I take them out.) I offer him what I would consider a pretty good variety of veg too, collard greens, dandelion, watercress, squash (forget which one I have this time...lol), just got them papaya and mango today, they get some frozen veg every few days (because I've read mixed opinions on these), and raspberries every so often because my female LOVES them. They are housed separately btw. If I try to hand feed him some veg, or the papaya today, he just closes his eyes until I take it away from his face!! So frustrating. I don't think it is a good idea to just feed him superworms either because of their hard shell.

Could it be a weird kind of brumation?? It seems like he has been acting like this ever since we separated him from our female about a month or so ago. Could that be why? He hasn't lost weight, poops every couple days and it looks normal, he still has all his fat pads and seems healthy and alert. Just stubborn.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I guess if he's big enough to eat supers, then he's an adult [ or sub adult ? ] If he had been with your female, he may be moping because now he's alone, especially if he had been breeding. Also, if he has been moved to a new tank, he has a certain amount of re location stress. All those factors will contribute to a loss of appetite. Probably nothing to worry about at all.

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2rjbf08f said:
I guess if he's big enough to eat supers, then he's an adult [ or sub adult ? ] If he had been with your female, he may be moping because now he's alone, especially if he had been breeding. Also, if he has been moved to a new tank, he has a certain amount of re location stress. All those factors will contribute to a loss of appetite. Probably nothing to worry about at all.

Okay that's what I was thinking it is too, hopefully he'll snap out of it soon. Is it possible for him to have parasites but still have normal poops and otherwise seem healthy? I'm just worried because I know his diet is supposed to be 80% veg and he hasn't eaten any in weeks...Should I try force feeding him somehow or just let him be?

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh and yes he is an adult, almost 3 years and he's fairly large, and yes they were breeding before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom