Should i be concerned about this poop?

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Beebz left this in his enclosure today, and it has a lot more undigested bug bits than I've noticed before.
1000005077.jpg
1000005079.jpg

He's been eating a lot of BSFL this week and I'm not sure he chews them very well. He like to grab a mouthful at once.

His temps are 100-105. He is 8-9mo now so I think that's a little higher than recommended but when I moved them up from the 95-100 he was at a week or so ago his behavior overall seemed a lot better. He very rarely gapes, and seeks out the 105 temps often. So I don't feel like he's too hot.

Solution
Beebz left this in his enclosure today, and it has a lot more undigested bug bits than I've noticed before.
View attachment 84017 View attachment 84018

He's been eating a lot of BSFL this week and I'm not sure he chews them very well. He like to grab a mouthful at once.

His temps are 100-105. He is 8-9mo now so I think that's a little higher than recommended but when I moved them up from the 95-100 he was at a week or so ago his behavior overall seemed a lot better. He very rarely gapes, and seeks out the 105 temps often. So I don't feel like he's too hot.
Looks like good poop but I see some that he never chewed up- reduce the amount and feed at a slower rate so he is eating what you give him- 20 at a time

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 84017 View attachment 84018

Looks like good poop but I see some that he never chewed up- reduce the amount and feed at a slower rate so he is eating what you give him- 20 at a time

Solution

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Ok thanks. Sounds like I've been really over doing it. I gave him 100 of them tonight because thay was about the same weight of the roaches he usually gets. He's about 23" now so they very small compared to him

I'll cut him way back and make sure he eats them slow.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I bet he tried to warn ya first.
Mine will all try their best to get down before they poop on ya.
They are 10x's more squirmy than normal.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I bet he tried to warn ya first.
Mine will all try their best to get down before they poop on ya.
They are 10x's more squirmy than normal.
Well he was sitting on my Daughter's knee. He started to look like he was thinking about jumping off so i offered my hand he jumped to it, i put him in my lap and he promptly released the Kraken.

He may have given other signs i missed though, i wasn't looking out for it because he hasn't pooped two days in a row for months now.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Well he is your daughters beardie lol. Better to poop on grand pa than mom 😁

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Well he is your daughters beardie lol. Better to poop on grand pa than mom 😁
Yes, between laughing hysterically she made sure to let me know this is indisputable proof Beebz loves her the most.... Which is fine, but I'd still like to rank above "toilet"!!!

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom