Shooting blood from Hemepene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleyRose

So my male unfortunately got to my female today when I had them out. Of course he tried breeding her but wasn't successful.

I know it's nornal for the males heme pene to possibly start bleeding. But he literally SHOT blood out of them. SHOT blood. So not sure if shooting blood is actually normal.

He seemed fine. I had to go to work unfortunately, but nothing prolapsed

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Haley....what actually happened has happened to my dragon in the past. When he tried to lock his back feet around her back end to secure her in place, the claws dug in to the hemipene. That can cause a lot of blood. He'll be fine, just keep him away from temptation to breed for about a month so he doesn't re-injure it. Been there. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yeah, poor boy! I am sure he will be ok, it may have hurt his pride some but he will be fine. :D
I guess your female dodged pregnancy!

Tracie

HaleyRose

Original Poster
AHBD":iv3aoorc said:
Hi Haley....what actually happened has happened to my dragon in the past. When he tried to lock his back feet around her back end to secure her in place, the claws dug in to the hemipene. That can cause a lot of blood. He'll be fine, just keep him away from temptation to breed for about a month so he doesn't re-injure it. Been there. :)

Hmm ok.. I knew this was normal for the most part. But it was literally a squirt of blood like he was in control of it. I guess I'll see how he's doing when I get home. Thanks!

HaleyRose

Original Poster
Drache613":17jkc9ks said:
Hello,

Yeah, poor boy! I am sure he will be ok, it may have hurt his pride some but he will be fine. :D
I guess your female dodged pregnancy!

Tracie

Yes, luckily he wasn't successful for his first time!
His name is Lucifer. This is actually the dragon I'll be sending the adenovirus test off for. Just received the swab in the mail today from you. Now just have I wait for him to poop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom