Shocking behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk

So my Milk did something yesterday that was very unlike him. He has always been somewhat aggressive ever since we rescued him. A year ago we got him from a pet store that was going to dispose of him because he had fought with another dragon and got his tail and most of his toes on his back feet bit off. So I took him home and for the longest time he was such an angry dragon. He is a little over a year now and is a little sweet heart to mostly me only, he isn't as calm around my girlfriend mainly because she doesn't spend time with him. ANYWAYS, we got a baby dragon for my girlfriend and it is about 3-4 months old. We call it a boy but now we aren't so sure. We keep Blazey, the baby, in a tank on the desk next to the computer and I normally take Milk out and set him on the desk and he likes to sit in front of Blazey. Milk never acts aggressive towards him, just likes to sit by "him". But yesterday he tried get in the tank, he danced on the glass trying to get in,but not trying to attack. Curious, My girlfriend took Blazey out and I decided to put Milk in to see what it was he wanted so bad. As soon as he's in there he goes to the spot where Blazey basks and starts waving his arm, which I read was a sign of submission. I had seen Blazey do that to Milk from across the room but never the other way around. So this makes me think that Blazey might be a female because he smelt her and idk. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this and could tell me what it means. But then again im not entirely sure milk is a male =/

Cocky

Hatchling Member
males and females both wave when they are younger, males tend to grow out of it when they learn how to bob and black beard, if your male is a year old then it should be easy to tell the sex.

As for the behaviour then maybe your he is a she and your she is a he and as its mating season likes the scent of the male, our female will harrass our male when they out by slow bobbing right next to him to encourage him to hop on lol.

Milk

Original Poster
Thats what im thinkin. Im pretty sure Milk is a boy because hes about a year old, ive seen him bob his head before, and he beard gets very black at times. Although I know its not the proper way to sex them but those are the only indications I have that he is a male.

But Im thinking that Blazey might be a female and Milk smells it. idk

Cocky

Hatchling Member
you can tell the sex by the lumps under the base of the tail, hold your beardie and then lift the tail upwards not too much and you should see either one lump at the centre just near the slit or two lumps eithe side depending on whats there depends on the sex.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
Cocky":wdm93lu6 said:
you can tell the sex by the lumps under the base of the tail, hold your beardie and then lift the tail upwards not too much and you should see either one lump at the centre just near the slit or two lumps eithe side depending on whats there depends on the sex.
This worked for me and mine is only 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom