Shipping (and packaging) questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'll be purchasing my first beardie in December...

I currently live in Cusco, Peru and the breeder lives in Lima, Peru. (Distance by plane is 1 hour, and by bus, it is 18 hours)

I have spoken to one airline that says they do not transport reptiles, but was given a name of a place that does shipments for roosters and guinea pigs, and told me to ask there, perhaps they do.

If in case they don't, the breeder said that by bus cargo, there is no problem as long as the beardie is packaged correctly (he said he would package her for me so she is safe)

What I want to make sure is if 18 hours is ok for the beardie to travel? Or is that too long of a ride?

Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....18 hours is fine as long as the temperature is not too hot on the vehicle. Most lizards shipped here in the U.S. take between 16 -20 hours average but it's how they are packed that keeps them safe from cold and heat. If it is above 90 degrees it's not advisable to ship because the package can get hotter than that on a vehicle. If you look on a website like " shipyourreptiles.com " you will see how to get the box ready to protect the animal. As long as the breeder ships it in proper conditions it will be fine.

khaleesithedragon

Original Poster
AHBD":9y1i7153 said:
Hi there....18 hours is fine as long as the temperature is not too hot on the vehicle. Most lizards shipped here in the U.S. take between 16 -20 hours average but it's how they are packed that keeps them safe from cold and heat. If it is above 90 degrees it's not advisable to ship because the package can get hotter than that on a vehicle. If you look on a website like " shipyourreptiles.com " you will see how to get the box ready to protect the animal. As long as the breeder ships it in proper conditions it will be fine.

Thank you so much for the response! i feel a lot better now. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He will be a world traveler then! You will have to let us know how his trip goes & post pictures when you do receive him also. :D

Tracie

khaleesithedragon

Original Poster
Drache613":1obxnwbv said:
Hello,

He will be a world traveler then! You will have to let us know how his trip goes & post pictures when you do receive him also. :D

Tracie
I will most definitely post pictures once i get her. I can't wait, I'm already anxious. The babies want be born until late November, so In the meantime I'm reading everything about beardies.

Actually, I just checked my messages, the babies will be born by late November and the breeder said I can take the beardie in December....isn't that too small? I read that they should be ready to give way at around 2 months... :?: :?

Edit: 4 weeks ok or too soon?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, 4 weeks IS pretty young. You may want to reconsider & wait until it is at least 6 weeks anyway, for shipping. It is stressful on them. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom