Shedding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Doug is shedding, which is awesome because it means I'm doing something right! My question is, do I help him with the pieces he can't pull off, or like with beardies leave it alone? I watched him pull the shed off his back with his mouth and eat it, but he can't reach the piece just before his tail, and the one on his belly. Will it eventually come off, or does he need a bit of assistance?

-Kaleen

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you for replying! I've left it alone till now, but the piece on his tail needs some assistance. I'm afraid to hurt him by pulling it off, it's on there pretty good and I don't want to rip it off if it's not ready to come off. How hard do you pull? If it doesn't come off with a gentle tug do you just leave it? I know I sound crazy, but this is my first uro and it's his first shed with me.

-Kaleen

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I rub my thumb downward, from the base of the tail to the tip or end. When they are ready they come off fairly easily.
Only reason I help with the tail is because it is harder for a Uro to get this shed off themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom