Shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
I feel like Monotov is always shedding something, he never is one color.

His tail is either REALLY dark compared to the rest of his body and takes 2-3 weeks to shed, then after that sheds then his back becomes dark to everything else and that takes awhile too. Just when I think he's all one color his head gets pale before he sheds his head, then his arms, etc. After his arms are done then his tail just gets dark again and it's a cycle!

I give him baths twice a week for 15 minutes or until a bowel movement occurs..

Is this normal? Layla doesn't shed like this.. she sheds everything at once maybe once a month, or is she the one thats unhealthy?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Thor sheds with the same pace, growing fast is what it sounds like to me.

I got him on 06-18-11 @ 6inches on the dot, today Thor st 17.25inches and 232grams (until he poops anyways).
This is 97 days at a rate of .12inches a day.

Does your dragon break down to the same or similar? :study:

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow, no I wish :p

I got him on March 30th I believe. He was about 4 inches and now he's about 14, I know he should be bigger but maybe he' starting to hit his growth spurt? He didn't start doing this til July. Constantly shedding and never one color hehe

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Monotov":1kzrpo38 said:
Wow, no I wish :p

I got him on March 30th I believe. He was about 4 inches and now he's about 14, I know he should be bigger but maybe he' starting to hit his growth spurt? He didn't start doing this til July. Constantly shedding and never one color hehe

178 days @ .06inches a day.
Do you know how much he has grown since July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom