Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do bearded dragons get grumpy when they are about to shed?? I notice that when mine is about to shed he get's really grumpy. Doesn't want to be held or touched. Just feed him and go is what he wants. I know he is going to shed because he is normally a really vibrant shade of orange and it turns a really light shade just before shedding. He's just really grumpy right now and he is getting ready to shed.

-Andrea

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
My gal is grumpy first thing in the morning during a shed. I found that using a soft wet toothbrush and gently brushing her itchy shed spots really helps. She loves it on spots where she would nornally not let you touch. Like her face and legs. She'll just flatten right out, totally relaxed, close her eyes and let you go to town.
I never pull any of the skin off.

DredelsPlace

Original Poster
Wow, I should try that. Maybe it'll help relax him. :)

Ronzie":2ovj7i82 said:
My gal is grumpy first thing in the morning during a shed. I found that using a soft wet toothbrush and gently brushing her itchy shed spots really helps. She loves it on spots where she would nornally not let you touch. Like her face and legs. She'll just flatten right out, totally relaxed, close her eyes and let you go to town.
I never pull any of the skin off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom