Shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondragon

Saxon is shedding around his mouth and eye lids over the past few days. I give him baths every few days and did so last night.

My concern though is he's between a year and half and two years old. Do they keep shedding that long or is it just some new skin growing in this area?

Also, the area that is shedding is becoming light more orangish around his eyelids, he's a regular dragon and no morph as I can tell. Which I like, he's my cute little dragon. Do I need to be concerned about this?

Sorry no pics at the moment. Between packing and getting new house ready things are in upheavel but I'm trying to spend some time with Saxon when possible and make sure he's content enough until I can get him into the new house. I'm also planning on his new viv placement and size, etc.

Thanks.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Yes, beardies do still shed as adults. I have a 5yr old bd that just went through a total head shed. The shedding of course is not as often as say a baby or juvie, but they do still shed.
As for the orange around the eyes, that is normal and nothing to worry about. My girl is also a "normal" and has yellow/orange around her eyes. It just adds to their beauty!!!

Dawn :D

saxondragon

Original Poster
Thank you, Dawn!

You definitely made me more comfortable with that. Glad to know it's normal. I'll make sure to bath him more often when he does should though and pour a little bit of water on his head. I did it last night, he seemed to really enjoy it, closed his eyes while immediately of me doing that and rubbing/petting him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom