Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Better pic?

null-83.jpg

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
I was just typing a response back when you posted those, which changed a lot of what I was thinking.

It was the camera angle. The toe doesn't look swollen itself, it does look like shed. It's taking a bit longer, but those pics show no indication of gout or injury issues IMO :D

I did see your other post about a fecal (I do have lots of experience there) and was going to PM you if you didn't mind.

Abi

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Please do PM me anytime! Thanks for the input. Grabbing the coco butter today. This shed is about 16-17 days in. It's his 7th in 10 weeks. Poor guy is miserable :( Just want to make him comfortable.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I would advise finding a good reptile vet in your area for emergencies. That way when you need one, you won't be scrambling around trying to find one. I would wait until he sheds to take him in, but that's just my opinion. Thanks for keeping us updated.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I agree. I am researching vets in my area just to establish that before (if) any serious issues ever arise. Thank you for all your help!!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm not sure, but I can't think of any reason it would hurt. I know the Neosporin WITH the pain relief is not good. But vit. E is natural, so it should be okay.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We ditched that cocoa butter...I saw the word "alcohol" but we have the Whole Foods holding onto their last 100% organic cocoa butter for us to pick up tomorrow. Then I checked my bottle of "all natural pure vitamin e oil" and saw avocado oil...what part of 100% and or PURE isn't understood?! Ugh. Gave an extra soak today and kept up with a little aloe for overnight. No shedding in that arm but absolutely making progress on his snout. I'm grateful for any progress at this point! Can't wait to get my hands on the real cocoa butter. I've heard amazing stories helping with tough sheds!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Used the 100% cocoa butter stick last night. He's done!! No more swollen arm or toes!!! Just a couple little flakes by his feet but he looks wonderful!! Thanks for all your help!!! Yes, I'm dancing :)

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No kidding!!! Do you think this is something I should expect now? Or will there be easy AND tough sheds throughout his growth? Either way, I've gained so much knowledge and I feel prepared!!

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
That's great! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:
I'm glad it finally shed and there weren't any problems underneath :D .
It's possible they may continue to be a bit more complex...and while I can say that the older the get, the less they shed, I feel the sheds are "tougher" as they get older. They take longer, get patchy, etc. The time of year, humidity, general health, genetics, and so on, all play some role in how "tough" sheds are, no matter the age. I think he's in very good hands though :wink:
And, regular baths, the other methods you used this time and, as you said, just having experienced a tough shed will all come in very handy as he continues to grow. :D

Abi

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well that's good information. I took so much in from this experience. At least I will have a better sense of how to handle it if they continue to be so "strange" as in different patches, swelling, all the weird things I hadn't experienced or expected.

I appreciate all the support and patience from everyone who have me tips and little tricks ;) They really do work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom