Shedding questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katieerin

Hatchling Member
Okay so Pippin, between 1-2 months, keeps shedding tiny little pieces on his legs and tail. (Normal, right?)

Is it normal for him to not eat while shedding? Because he hasn't eaten anything but a wax worm yesterday. He'll just run away from the crickets if I offer one.

Another thing? Does it hurt them if you pet them where they're shedding? I have a habit of stroking him. :D

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Mine will go down to only eating 20-50 crickets during the week before he sheds. It is fine to stroke them. dont pick the shed off them as it is.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
You can do all the normal stuff while they are sheading. Give them extra baths this helps the shead come off easier. My babys are sheading now too so i am giving them 2 baths a day to keep them hydrated due to them only staying in the bath for about 5 mins or so. They do decrease in food intake. But all beardies are diffrent. Roo shes only munching veggies and very few crickets atm. Shes rubbing all over her viv cause shes itchy poor thing. Lexi is munching everything and anything thats food shes still happy as a clam. Both are 6 weeks. Diffrent beardies shead diffrent areas of their bodys. Chimera the 6 month old he sheads his legs then head then tail and last his body. The babys are sheading everywhere at once. This is normal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom