Shedding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

acwood04

Hatchling Member
My 9in BD recently shed the skin on her tail, and she looks like she might be starting to shed on her head. I am not sure though. Today was the first day in a while she has been darker underneath and on her body her skin seems a little darker. It seems that she is getting ready to shed underneath her because the skin looks a little translucent in areas... She also started glass dancing again which she hasnt done in days.. Do you guys notice different behavior before they shed? Especially body and head? And do they normally shed at different rates?(i.e. body, arms, tail, then head?)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Mine all shead diffrent areas at a time. We have 1 right now who shead everything but his head. Ours will rub and run all over the place trying to loosen the shead. Its normal.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Yes they will display all sorts of behavior and even stop eating! So take a deep breath and let your little one get that old stuff off!! Good luck... :wink:

acwood04

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Good she seemed to have calmed down on her eating, but not stopped. I am lucky she eats the hell outa her greens. The only thing im afraid of is that she eats more greens than crickets... She didnt seem too interested in wax worms today which was surprising, she normally LOVES those. She is a darker color and it seems that the skin on her chest, neck and head are going to be coming off any day now, although she hasnt done any rubbing yet.... She just finished shedding her tail. Have you guys seen your beardies eat their skin after they shed it?

jjkc

You could give him a bath to help loosen up the shed helped our little guys out alot. If they could have I belive they would have said thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom