shedding problem? gettin alittle worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
hi pplz,
how often are juvie- sub adults supposed 2 shed?in my o-goncha's 3rd shed, most of it was normal, but she didnt shed her tail till several months later. about a week later, she strangely she her legs, and by strangely i mean a little weird. then she shed her lips and eyes, then thats it. ive had her for about 10 months, (shell be a year in the middle of May, yay :mrgreen: ) and its been quite afew months now. :?: :?
would bathing have anything to do with it? i usually try to do it once a week. during my Vacation (always busy during school weeks, grrrr) ill try to bath her everyday, if not every other day.

replys are HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tigg

Juvie Member
Giving beardies baths is a great way to help out with shedding, as well as keeping them well hydrated.

As far as how many times they are supposed to shed, it can't really be answered... Depends mainly on how fast she grows, the husbandry, genetics ect. I would not be alarmed with different spots shedding at different times, that's completely normal.

You want to leave them to shed on their own as much as possible, no matter how much you think it's annoying them. just keep an eye out for retained shed, and trouble spots. Especially around toes and tip of tail, the retained skin can restrict their blood flow.

Tigg

Juvie Member
At 1 year old? yeah yeah I would say that sedding begins to happen less often around that age. how long is your BD from tip to tip at 1 year old?

To give you an idea, my dragon is 5 months old, 14" from tip to tip and had shed fully approx 5 times since hatched, but every dragon is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom