Shedding Changes Colors?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
Toothless has been getting a Brighter and Brighter Orange color over the last few days. And last night he started shedding part of his head. As the skin fell away I noticed he was a lighter Orange / Yellow under neath. Today his hind legs are shedding, But the color under neath isn't Orange / Yellow it's more Green. Is this normal? Will the Orange / Yellow come back?

Mike

KatieKat

Juvie Member
It's normal! He is getting his colors in! :D I don't know if his leg colors will go back, it all depends on the genetics, so you'll just have to wait! :)

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KatieKat":3thdhtu1 said:
It's normal! He is getting his colors in! :D I don't know if his leg colors will go back, it all depends on the genetics, so you'll just have to wait! :)

GRRRRRR! I hate waiting

Mike

So glad yall are going through the same thing, sounds bad I know. LOL I bought my son a beardie about 3 weeks ago now( for his 5th bday, has had beardies as class pets last 2 yrs). Rosie was in cal crap sand in the pet store, even though doing about a yr and half of reseach before I bought her, I still allowed him to talk me into putting in her tank. Rosie is a juvenile, from more research we are going with around 3/4 months old. Well, I gave her a couple weeks with the cal sand, (which was a redish color) to get use to things at our house. The man at the store even told me she was a red color... hmmm well on day 2 of Rosie being home with us, she started molting... oh major PMS mode.. I so thought she was aggressive... well once she shed her back.. notice black.. lots of black!! Now I clean tank Monday got rid of sand and deep clean with rep cleaning stuff found at pet smart while she watched me from couch (like what the heck are u doing), she started molting again, half her head and beard, legs, and tail. Well it is a very yellowish/white color coming through and well of course, can see the sand stained her on her shed. She's really pretty as long as this is normal. So now I must wait to find out what color she is going to be!! And this is normal, been looking online, here, etc. I have also notice now that the sand is gone, she is using her hide( which never went in before and isn't HER normal even though normal for beardies!!) and just looks so sad and depressed. You can see it on her face, any tips... she loved digging in sand and sleeping on it!! She just stays on her basking spot unless I take her out to feed or play with kids or explore, then again with lights out!!

Thanks in advance for any tips!! :wink:

KatieKat

Juvie Member
aroseanu25":2bh9e3bw said:
So glad yall are going through the same thing, sounds bad I know. LOL I bought my son a beardie about 3 weeks ago now( for his 5th bday, has had beardies as class pets last 2 yrs). Rosie was in cal crap sand in the pet store, even though doing about a yr and half of reseach before I bought her, I still allowed him to talk me into putting in her tank. Rosie is a juvenile, from more research we are going with around 3/4 months old. Well, I gave her a couple weeks with the cal sand, (which was a redish color) to get use to things at our house. The man at the store even told me she was a red color... hmmm well on day 2 of Rosie being home with us, she started molting... oh major PMS mode.. I so thought she was aggressive... well once she shed her back.. notice black.. lots of black!! Now I clean tank Monday got rid of sand and deep clean with rep cleaning stuff found at pet smart while she watched me from couch (like what the heck are u doing), she started molting again, half her head and beard, legs, and tail. Well it is a very yellowish/white color coming through and well of course, can see the sand stained her on her shed. She's really pretty as long as this is normal. So now I must wait to find out what color she is going to be!! And this is normal, been looking online, here, etc. I have also notice now that the sand is gone, she is using her hide( which never went in before and isn't HER normal even though normal for beardies!!) and just looks so sad and depressed. You can see it on her face, any tips... she loved digging in sand and sleeping on it!! She just stays on her basking spot unless I take her out to feed or play with kids or explore, then again with lights out!!

Thanks in advance for any tips!! :wink:

Goof for getting rid of the sand! :D She is probably just cranky beacuse she is shedding, I doubt she misses the sand, it'd be like living in a litter box.. Icky! But maybe buy her some things to climb on to keep her entertained? If she dosen't have any! Other than that, I don;t really know any tips. What lights are you using?

I guess I just can't figure out how to put pics on here...lol (wouldn't b the first blonde moment today.) rep 10.0 for UVB/UVA and the. A reP light for basking, she has 2 wooden climbs and rock thingy that goes on her glass, her hide which as of last night isn't using (hurray) .. I think again shes bout 3/4 months but from the description on her of some post I think she's older!!! When hubby comes home from overseas he is going to build her a custom habitat and going to use slate... Just was told to grown n size with her!! Now her body isn't very big but from tail to nose, I'm going about 14 to 16 inches... I can email a photo if anyone is willing to help!!!! The only vet n my area drives 2 hrs from tally every couple months so we are waiting for her to come into town to do a initial visit....which is April. I asked lady at petsmart if an emergency would she come and she straight up said no like why would I want her to ...etc so def working on finding someone who is a lil more closer if anything did happen!!

KatieKat

Juvie Member
aroseanu25":20i5xrwd said:
I guess I just can't figure out how to put pics on here...lol (wouldn't b the first blonde moment today.) rep 10.0 for UVB/UVA and the. A reP light for basking, she has 2 wooden climbs and rock thingy that goes on her glass, her hide which as of last night isn't using (hurray) .. I think again shes bout 3/4 months but from the description on her of some post I think she's older!!! When hubby comes home from overseas he is going to build her a custom habitat and going to use slate... Just was told to grown n size with her!! Now her body isn't very big but from tail to nose, I'm going about 14 to 16 inches... I can email a photo if anyone is willing to help!!!! The only vet n my area drives 2 hrs from tally every couple months so we are waiting for her to come into town to do a initial visit....which is April. I asked lady at petsmart if an emergency would she come and she straight up said no like why would I want her to ...etc so def working on finding someone who is a lil more closer if anything did happen!!

Well, as long as she is eating and everything, I don;t think you need to worry. Maybe that's just the way her face is, or it could be shedding or something. But I wouldn;t get into a tizzy if she is eating and behaving normally! :D

That's the thing, I took sand out and her personality just went sad...she doesn't walk around unless she is going to bed or eating... Now she ate all her greens very strong but once sand left she very ifie about them. But again tonight didn't go n hide and laying n normal spot. She hasn't quote wanted out either but of course could b shed... I knw she isn't impacted because did get down to use restroom.... Idk I'm giving her the next couple weeks, have been researching like walnut shells maybe m cooler side and thin out towards other.. Mainly area she sleeps... Heck idk but ur right she is fine just me being a quote "new mamma" she's my 4th kid n house and she is suppose to b my sons!!!!! Lmbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom