Shedding and Appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrus

Trying to figure out how shedding and appetite interact. Arthur came to me in a full body shed, but he was a ravenous little thing. Three weeks later, he's getting ready to shed again, and over the last few days I've noticed a drop in appetite at Dubia Time. Considering I also know he has worms and coccidia- waiting on the new vet to get back to me on how high his load is- I'd like to try and figure out whether it's the shed or whether the relocation stress of three weeks back when I got him is catching up to him.

Current shed is not full body yet- his nose, chin, legs, and tail are all in various stages of getting ready to shed. Can I expect his appetite to pick up any time soon when he passes a benchmark, or is this one of those things where it'll just take time? He's grown to ten inches and fifty six grams since I got him, sitting at around three months.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think this is one of those things that varies between dragons and varies from shed to shed. Sometimes it seems to irritate them more than others. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it yet. I would just be patient and see how he goes after the shed is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom