Shedding Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
Ok, so I went to PetSmart today. I saw this stuff that was called Reptile Shedding Aid or something like that and I was wondering if a bearded dragon was having trouble shedding if it would be ok to use and if anyone has ever used it before.
Thank you!

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am not having a problem right now, but I was wondering if I could use it in the future.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Gotcha :wink: . I don't see a problem but I try to tell other people keep it as natural as possible. That is another way to keep your beardie living longer. Hope this helps.. :D

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I wasn't planning on using it, but if people said it was good I might have used it for those sheds that just won't come off. I will try to keep it natural.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I use it. It works great. Sometimes bathing just doesn't seem to help. Usually I only will use it when my dragons are taking over 1 week to shed a certain area. Spray it on and rub it in. 1-2 days later the shed has happened and is finished. Shedding can cause stress issues along with more then typical laziness and sometimes a loss of appetite. So to help the process along without harming your dragon is beneficial.

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought it might work good for them because he back of Reptar's head gets really pale and takes weeks to come off! I think it is because when they are in the bath, he doesn't have that part in the water.

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
I occasionally use the ZooMed Repti Shedding Aid on Angie's head as well if she takes a long time to get the shed off. According to the bottle the ingredients are water, solubilizing hydrotrope, glycerin, jojoba oil and vitamin E in an oil base. It seems to be working quite well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom