shedding again? is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper31

Hatchling Member
Hi, so I just went through my first shed with Lil' Miss, my 5 month old. She shed just fine, but it took almost a month for her to shed everything since she shed in sections.

But, almost 4 wks after she shed her legs & tail is seems they are looking white again like another shed is coming...is that possible or is it something else? She's eating fine, temps are fine, bathes regularly and poops/urates normal. She just shed her body last week. Shed went fine without any problems as well. In fact, she ate normal amount of food all the way through it. She only had about 2 days where she ate a little less in the morning.

I was looking at threads and couldn't find anything about frequency of sheds. Do they shed that quickly from one to the next?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I don't think you have anything to worry about. My girl sheds pretty much back to back sometimes.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Don't worry at all. Sometimes they do go through crazy close sheds. Our Odahviing went through one shed cycle exactly the same, she finished one and was starting the next. Now she's not shedding or prepping to shed/ She's also in that same age range. It's not a problem. It's just a sign that she's growing well! Sheds occur as frequently as they're supposed to, so you don't need to worry. ^.^

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you both so much! Everyone in the family noticed how much bigger she's looked this week. I think we are hitting a huge growth spurt for her.

She is eating a tons still. The everyday baths have done great for her grouchiness. She doesn't like the bath all that much, but she feels great after. :)

Thanks for the replies!

I have a question, my beardie which I've had for roughly a month.he eats great and is very docile now. And he is shedding now but his color has changed a lot and was wondering if they can be completely different colors. I know mine has gotten extremely light but I mean could he go from a green to a red or orange? He looks much different and he almost looks translusent in the tub now? Thanks guys gratly appreciate some input on this because I could not find anything on the net

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi! They can change colors as they shed. Most do. I adopted my girl, but the family I got her from got her from a breeder. Lil' Miss is a Citrus dragon. Right now she is bright orange and red with lavender bars. The breeder said when she is full grown she will be lemon yellow with lavender bars. We just went thru one shed and now another is coming. The last shed she had a little more yellow/tan color come in on her head...I'm excited to she what this shed will bring! She's as cute as ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom