Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for bearded dragons not wanting to eat while I’m a shed ?? Mine has shed his head and is shedding his tail now he’s still quite active surprisingly but he’s not eating as much as he used to. The day after he started shedding quit eating normally. It’s been two days and every meal he only eats about 4-6 Dubai’s so he’s only getting about 12 a day and he eats a few greens. I put dry food & collard greens in the enclosure throughout the day Incase he gets hungry. I read that shedding can mess with their eating I just wanted to make sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes it can slow their eating down what size roaches are you feeding? You don't want them to big for him can you post a pic if him w/ a roach your feeding please
Karrie

SunnyFury

From what I've heard yes it can cause them to lose their appetite a little. Im not sure why though. Maybe because they are just irritated and grumpy.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Yup shedding very often causes them to get a bit grumpy and not want to eat as well :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom