Shed stuck in ear

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
2cac8ab6-5bab-49a3-9ee2-0eda9a0f8448-jpeg.73312

Hi, Tifa has has this remaining piece of she’s stuck in her for, I wanna say, 6 weeks now.

Over the last two months she dropped 3 clutches of eggs and it took a lot out of her. She had some shed going but it really slowed down around laying time and I thought it would finish up when she was done.

She doesn’t look like she’s planning to shed her head aging so I’m worried it’s going to get completely stuck to her ear drum. She gets regular baths, I’ve used some wart wet q-tip to gently dab the skin. She’s well hydrated and getting lots of post-clutch vitamins and food. It’s kind of shrunk but staying stuck to the membrane.

Any tips? I just took her to vet twice recently. Not really looking to go again but I can if this seems like an emergency.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2CAC8AB6-5BAB-49A3-9EE2-0EDA9A0F8448.jpeg
    2CAC8AB6-5BAB-49A3-9EE2-0EDA9A0F8448.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 310

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
2cac8ab6-5bab-49a3-9ee2-0eda9a0f8448-jpeg.73312

Hi, Tifa has has this remaining piece of she’s stuck in her for, I wanna say, 6 weeks now.

Over the last two months she dropped 3 clutches of eggs and it took a lot out of her. She had some shed going but it really slowed down around laying time and I thought it would finish up when she was done.

She doesn’t look like she’s planning to shed her head aging so I’m worried it’s going to get completely stuck to her ear drum. She gets regular baths, I’ve used some wart wet q-tip to gently dab the skin. She’s well hydrated and getting lots of post-clutch vitamins and food. It’s kind of shrunk but staying stuck to the membrane.

Any tips? I just took her to vet twice recently. Not really looking to go again but I can if this seems like an emergency.

Thoughts?

Thank you!
It will eventually work its way out

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you have small tweezers you might try to GENTLY remove it but don't pull, if it don't easily come right out leave it be.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom