Shed messing with digestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Hey all-
Does shed mess with beardie's digestion? Lilly has been in preshed for 1.5 weeks and started shedding yesterday. She pooped twice yesterday and once just passed urate. Today she pooped 3 times (increasingly smaller sizes) and passed only urate twice. Is this anything I should be concerned about? The poops were all well formed. The urates weren't chalky or anything. Our older beardie (10 m/o) had a semi-loose bowel movement today (also just started shedding). I can for sure get a fecal done on Lilly if needed, but I wasn't sure if this was normal.
Sara

Reven1337

Could be the same thing happening my my little girl too. However, my male hasnt had any problems while he sheds, but each dragon is different.
Anyone know? this is something id be interested in knowing aswell. (aka bump)

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I haven't heard of it before, but I'm betting it's a normal thing. Many beardies (and snakes) refuse food while they're shedding. I also know (from experiance, lol) that snakes more often than not will defecate immediately after they shed. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this, but sheds definitely do interfere with reptiles' digestive systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom