Shed Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvoryWhite

Hatchling Member
My beardie has been shedding about 3 weeks now and i want to know BESIDES daily baths and/or misting, is there another way to help the shed come off he is VERY VERY pale grey. Im starting to think the baths dont help as much as they should because the PALE look goes away afterwards and the skin doesnt come off i find that he sheds more skin when dried off. Is this right? Any help is fine thanks.

IzzyTony

Hatchling Member
In my experience the baths do help. They will help loosen the skin, which will flake off and be easier for him/her to dislodge when it dries out.. If that made any sense :D

Basically, the bath helps the skin to moisten and loosen, then it will dry out and crack and flake off on its own, At least in my experience. Though some parts seem to shed faster and easier than others. Izzy has just completed a full body shed and it took him about 4 weeks from tail to head to fully get rid of all of his old skin.

I'm tired as its midnight here so if my explination sucks (and im sure it does) sorry :D

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom