Shed and mouth opening

Beardie name(s)
Rocky
Hello so ive noticed today that my baby beardie has been opening his mouth a lot and looked like he was swallowing air. I read somewhere it could be because the shed was making it difficult to breathe through his nose is there any truth to this or does he need a vet?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello so ive noticed today that my baby beardie has been opening his mouth a lot and looked like he was swallowing air. I read somewhere it could be because the shed was making it difficult to breathe through his nose is there any truth to this or does he need a vet?
Does his nose look plugged? If so leave it be he will eventually sneeze it out-- no he does not need a vet --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
A little bit yeah and he was moving his head to get the shed off his neck as well in just new to beardies
Let their shed do its thing - the time to help is when the shed becomes crackly and dry take and spray them then take a soft baby toothe brush and lightly brush the loose shed - make sure they have decor they can rub up against - never pick any shed coming off

Informal_media

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky
Let their shed do its thing - the time to help is when the shed becomes crackly and dry take and spray them then take a soft baby toothe brush and lightly brush the loose shed - make sure they have decor they can rub up against - never pick any shed coming off
He has a cement block to rub on is that enough

Informal_media

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky

Attachments

• IMG_4921.jpeg
    IMG_4921.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 55

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It’s an Arcadia 12% t5 and I give him calcium d3 once a week and calc with no d3 4 times and his multivitamin twice a week
Is your screen a wide hole type? If it is the uvb should be unobstructed - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - this would cause stress marks - screens block 30% of the rays- please change the calcium D 3 to 5x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated- the non d 3 will be fed around year-- please dust the insects--

Informal_media

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky
Is your screen a wide hole type? If it is the uvb should be unobstructed - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - this would cause stress marks - screens block 30% of the rays- please change the calcium D 3 to 5x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated- the non d 3 will be fed around year-- please dust the insects--
But I thought he would get too much d3 if he gets it everyday and has is uvb

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom