She wont eat crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first year of her life my beardie loved her crickets, she then started to eat less and less til she just stopped. Her vet checks were fine, so i decided to try feeding locust. She couldn't get enough and loved them, however she wouldnt go back to eating the crickets and seems hooked on the locust. She still eats her greens and mealworms so thats fine. Is a diet of locust good for her? there isnt much else to pick from in England, so dont know what else to do.

alkemisten3

Hatchling Member
I have heard others tell me that sooner or later, they wont eat crickets for a while. is this not one of the reasons to love them as well (their personality) ? I think so :)
Imagine just having a mechanical lizard eating poopoing and sleeping, now we have some fun (and worrying) on the way haha.

I have been adviced to keep offering crickets and one day she might just stop with locust and start with crickets again.
I made the good (or bad for me personally) choice of introducing reptiworms (from rickslivefood) and WOW she loves those worms. They are also extremely nutritious and you do not need to dust nor add vitamins with these worms (although, you should give some vitamins with your salad).

If she eats locust like wild, it is just a matter of taste, and unlike the previous poster (haha!) I disagree that they wont go back. Mine eats some crickets when she is starving.
Perhaps you should try to firstly offer crickets in the mornings / beginning of feedings and secondly locust.
I guess its really a matter of money for you too huh?...
Well, I just ordered 700 reptiworms to Malta. Price in total? 60 GBP!! And how many do I have left after 3 days? I would say half... :shock: :eek: :eek:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
alkemisten3":m3leopkt said:
If she eats locust like wild, it is just a matter of taste, and unlike the previous poster (haha!) I disagree that they wont go back.

Yeah i disagree with myself too lol. i should have said, once they've tasted better they're fussy to go back- my bad :shock:

missmaishka

Original Poster
I have to make this clear Rikku gets what she needs no matter what the cost. If locust are what makes her happy, then i am more then happy to make sure she gets them. As long as its a good food for her thats all that matters : ) some times I try to get her to change back but she wont have it lol. Guess I am just lucky that I am a 10 min ride away from a good shop that always has her fave in stock. Ty for the tips and help : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom