she just wont lay her eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
good day to all . its been 6weeks and 1day and my female bearded just wont lay her eggs . shes still active . and trying to dig every afternoon . do i have to be worried or just wait ? its her 2nd clutch by the way . please i need some advice

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
If she is long overdue, you really need to get her to a vet. I recently lost a female because I waited too too long and it depeleted her system to the point she was no longer a candidate for surgery. She kept digging, but would not lay, I was even giving her calcium injections to try to help. How does she look right now? Are her fat pads sunken in yet? What is her lay bin like? If you want to post or send me a picture of her, it will be easier to tell if you should wait or go to the vet.

BeardedBrain

Original Poster
this is her latest picture i took i while ago
282868_121524317986149_1579689717_n.jpg

484156_121524337986147_1278535177_n.jpg

annlizardlover97

Hatchling Member
I noticed it was Sun when u posted & is now Thurs. has she laid her eggs yet? If not, is she still digging? What kind of lay box/nest do u have set up for her? 6 wks is a long time & ur right in thinking she's overdue. I agree with RioReptiles who suggested a vet visit. She cud be egg bound & u don't want that. U cud very easily lose ur dragon if that's the case not to mention the babies. Do u have a way to get her to the vet? I know warm baths help a lot. Uve probly seen all my recent posts about Miss Fatty -- if not go back & read them -- I was worried for the same reason. She dug frantically for a little over 6 days and the warm baths definitely got her started. But if urs is eggbound idk that that wud do any good -- u'd need vet assistance. Pls let us hear back from u. I'm concerned for ur baby. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom