She is in hide for 5th day, hasnt eaten or deficated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
All vets are different. Perhaps you could get a fecal checked without bringing her in. That would be up to the vet though, may want her there for an office visit. Some vets allow you to make payments too. I wouldn't wait too long though, something is going on and you need to find out what it is.

Billiam

Original Poster
her head looks normal to me cant tell a diff.
i will call one tomorrow.
her poop always smells bad..and that looked normal as well....

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Let us know how you make out.

What exactly did you change in her tank? How was she behaving before the change?

What did she eat 5 days ago and how much?

Did you put her back in the bath? If her head is flat, she needs to be properly hydrated. Does she look like she has lost wt?

Billiam

Original Poster
she had alot of greens and maybe like 4 crickets
she has some darkness under her eyes.
she will not stay in the bath i am trying to give her water by a syringe.
i cleaned it and put in a hide with cardboard and her branch and plastic hide and a rock for her greens l. and the fake leaves. with new substrate.
she has two hard lumps in her belly one is on the right and one on the left back by her legs. they are longer and slender feeling but hard....which one would be her stomach where her poop is?

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Billiam":1ngwmtoj said:
she had alot of greens and maybe like 4 crickets
she has some darkness under her eyes.
she will not stay in the bath i am trying to give her water by a syringe.
i cleaned it and put in a hide with cardboard and her branch and plastic hide and a rock for her greens l. and the fake leaves. with new substrate.
she has two hard lumps in her belly one is on the right and one on the left back by her legs. they are longer and slender feeling but hard....which one would be her stomach where her poop is?

Does anyone else think that these lumps could be eggs? Not pooping for a while, dehydrated... maybe? Sorry to hear she isn't feeling so well :( I hope you figure out what's wrong with her.

My tip. Put her in the actual bath (plug up the drain) where she doesn't have a choice of "not staying in". The water should be warm, but not hot enough to burn your inner wrist. When she settles down a bit, try gently rubbing downward on her belly from shoulder to vent. If it's impaction, that should help. You can also try raw pumpkin, olive oil, applesauce- just a few things that get their system going. (She needs to be in the bath for at least 15-20 minutes to hydrate well. )

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I just wanted to mention that sometimes when you change their tank around [ you mentioned that in your first post ], they actually go through a relocation stress just like they have gone to a new home. Not all beardies do, but some will act that way. Since you say you added a hide, it is encouraging shy behavior, so you might want to take it out. And as Diamc mentioned, a good warmish bathe may help her to poo, so if she won't stay in the bath [ is this in the sink that she jumps out ? ] Try getting a plastic storage tote that she can't get out of and give her a bath in there for a bit...supervised of course. She might jump around trying to get out and it will help her to have a b.m. But give it a few more days or so to see if this is just a bad case of relocation stress because her home has been re-arranged, and take the hide out. Also, try some different food that will entice her. Another thing, did you mention what substrate she is on ? Sandy types can cause inpaction.

Billiam

Original Poster
i just gave her a bath this morning and she did BM. Now she is more energetic and is exploring her tank more. i am currently using sand chips. just like small wood chips really.
she is know basking in her basking spot.
i think she might be okay with the hide now. do you think itll be okay to leave it there for now and just see how she reacts to it now? this may have a diff affect on her know that she knows its still her home! haha
thanks for everyones help!

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Billiam":13ykdb16 said:
i just gave her a bath this morning and she did BM. Now she is more energetic and is exploring her tank more. i am currently using sand chips. just like small wood chips really.
she is know basking in her basking spot.
i think she might be okay with the hide now. do you think itll be okay to leave it there for now and just see how she reacts to it now? this may have a diff affect on her know that she knows its still her home! haha
thanks for everyones help!

I think I found your issue. It's really not advised to use loose substrate (sand chips/wood chips) because the beardie can swallow them, which can lead to constipation, impaction, and general ill health. She probably swallowed a few and they got stuck. It sounds like everything came out in the bath you gave her, so thats great! :)

I would definetly take out the wood chips and replace it with a solid substrate she can't eat. (tile, newspaper, repticarpet)
I hope she continues to feel better! :) Are the hard spots gone?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, good to hear that she has pooped. I knew that if you were persistent enough, she would have a poop in her bath. It's very important to let us know if you still feel those hard lumps on either side. She may have ingested some wood chips so you really need to get rid of those. Non-adhesive shelf liner looks nice, comes in a variety of colors and is easy to clean. Paper towels are also another choice as well as the ones beardiemommy mentioned slate tiles, newspaper, reptile carpeting.

If she wants to stay in the hide again, I would remove it though. For the next few days, I suggest you only feed her soft foods, do you have any soft worms on hand? You could also give her some chicken and squash baby food mixed together, put drops on her nose for her to lick off, a little applesauce would be a good idea too. Make sure she is kept properly hydrated by giving frequent baths and offering oral fluids. Was her urate (the white part) hard like chalk or like rubber? Was it white or yellowish in color?

How often are you dusting with calcium and vitamins?

Billiam

Original Poster
Thanks for all your help. I did end up taking out her hide today cause once again she was in there all day. The hard lumps are still there...I checked even after she pooped and its still there. It was definently white but Im not able to you what consistancy it was. So imma feed her some apple sauce and see how things go. She hasn't had much of her calcium and super pig but I think I'll start adding it to her greens for now.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did you remove the wood chips? How is she acting since you removed the hide? Is she eating, if so, what and how much?

Billiam

Original Poster
She has been fine without the hide. She has been more active. She hasn't been eating much. Mostly just her greens and some applesauce. Very little. I've been spraying her with water several times a day. Going to give her another bath right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom