Shallow breathing on Left side lung

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 1 week ago my beardie, Bubbles, jumped off my shoulder(I'm 5'8"). He hit my leg first then the wall and a metal dog gate. He seemed fine afterwards. I noticed about 3 days ago that he is expanding his r lung normally but the left is minimal to none at all. He hasn't been stressed, no black beard or anything. I'm worried he has a contusion or collapsed lung but it seems that he would be more stressed. No changes in eating or activity. He did have a bath afterwards and then vomited water with small amount of mucous. 1st vomit ever. No other symptoms. I plan to take him to the vet in a few days if still doing the same. Can't really find any Other articles to explain the one sided breathing.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's very possible that he injured himself. An X-ray will hopefully determine that. Please use caution now, there are owners posting here often about beardies jumping from shoulders....beardies should never be carried on your shoulder is very, very dangerous to do because beardies are unpredictable + they often jump.

gbnqueen70

Original Poster
No we don't carry him on our shoulders, I actually had my hand on him and he quickly darted away and jumped. He is very feisty and independent. We typically don't have him on surfaces that are high up because we know he will jump. He is 3 now. I usually hold him under and around his front legs with my fingers and hands while I carry him on my chest to prevent this but obviously that day was the exception. I guess an X-ray will be helpful. The fact that he is not stressed and otherwise acting normal is the only thing that brings me some relief. It's amazing how much this little beast has captured my heart. He is technically my sons beardie?!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, in your first post it says he jumped off your shoulder.

" About 1 week ago my beardie, Bubbles, jumped off my shoulder(I'm 5'8"). He hit my leg first then the wall and a metal dog gate. He seemed fine afterwards. I noticed about 3 days ago that he is expanding his r lung normally but the left is minimal to none at all. He hasn't been stressed, no black beard or anything. I'm worried he has a contusion or collapsed lung but it seems that he would be more stressed. No changes in eating or activity. He did have a bath afterwards and then vomited water with small amount of mucous. 1st vomit ever. No other symptoms. I plan to take him to the vet in a few days if still doing the same. Can't really find any Other articles to explain the one sided breathing. "
gbnqueen70
Newbie Poster

Anyway, yes they are very personable and we all love our babies. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just wanted to mention that it would be good to keep only a short basking area in his tank for now so he doesn't have to exert himself to climb. Try to do that without changing his tank much [ that can cause stress ]

I don't think that anything can be done if he has bruised/broken ribs, just rest in a clutter-free tank and time will probably be the best thing. I hope to hear that he improves soon !

gbnqueen70

Original Poster
Yes he did jump off my shoulder area more from the front. I had ahold of him but he got away and jumped off. He was wanting to go outside. I was upstairs still so I guess he just got tired of waiting for me. Yes I was distracted. I know it was stupid of me. I am always so careful and keep him close when I am carrying him. But this once and I know that's all it takes. For the norm though I do not carry him on my shoulder due to worrying about him jumping off. Thanks for your concern and thoughts on the situation. He doesn't have anything to high in his tank. He can easily maneuver around everything and like I said his activity level seems normal. He doesn't seem to get overworked or anything like that. Again thanks.

gbnqueen70

Original Poster
Spoke to vets office this morning. Plan is to monitor for next few days and appt tues if no improvement. He has a healthy appetite but still concerned mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom