Shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardieguy123

Original Poster
UPDATE ON BRYAN

took him to his vet appointment today
doctor said shaking was caused by lack of calcium, gave him a shot and gave me a very detailed list on fruits and vedgies that beardies can eat..with calcium and phosphorus %'s with a ranking order on wat has the most calcium in it

i already put down fresh dandelion...and plan on getting him back on his dusted crickets tomorrow

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there, I suspected the vet would give him a calcium injection, that should really help him. The list he gave you for the veggies/greens is probably very similar to the link I posted on the beautiful dragons site. Yes, dandelion is nice & high in calcium content. Gee, sounds like we covered just about all that the vet mentioned. Did he suggest liquid calcium rather than the calcium dust? Do you need to take him back for another check-up?

How did Bryan handle the appt and how is he doing tonight?

Beardieguy123

Original Poster
he is doing ok so far, he i moving alot more than he did on saurday
but he didnt eat at all yesterday, so im thinking i might syringe feed him untill his appetite returns

Beardieguy123

Original Poster
UPDATE

his tremors and lack of back leg movement returned this mornin after i finished syringe feeding him

so i had to take him back to Pet Smart, where i got him...they said that they will take care of him untill he sees a vet early next week.
once they have completed whatever treatment the vet prescribes, i will have him back home safe

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
the shaking takes sometime to go away. I would be leary of leaving him with petsmart as not all people there are knowledegable as they should be-they put on calci sand or walnut shells--a big NO NO. Petsmart is also the store that in their care sheets say baby beardies only need calcium 2-3x a week--NOT SO!!!(and since your guy is calcium deficient I don't see his shakes going away at petsmart)
Did I read in a previous post you use a UVA bulb--you need a UVB bulb not a UVA bulb. And his crickets should be dusted 1 feeding a day with calcium with D3. But then I understand you do what you need to do.
Good luck with whatever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom