Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I was wondering if it was to early to sex my beardie. I'm not sure on age but it isn't very big. I did the tail lift and got some pics but they didn't turn out great. I looked myself and only saw a single lump. Also whenever it gets older what will the Orange on it do like the stripes. Thank you.
91886-9144911849.jpg
91886-9234080906.jpg
91886-8279673857.jpg
91886-4011816005.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
It's pretty hard to tell from the pics, but she appears to be female.
You can also check using the same strategy and using a flashlight through the back of the tail. A male will have two large bumps to the sides of the tail while a female will have one in the center. With a flashlight, a female will kind of look like she has a tiny three pronged crown, at least to me anyway

Looks like a female but is difficult to check on your photos. Why don't you check with a flashlight? Google sexing bearded dragon with flashlight in order to see a more detailed way on how it works and how to tell if female or male. Males will have two bumps on the back of their tails and females just one. Hope my response helps! :wink:

Michaelh57

Original Poster
Ok thank you also I was wondering I've had her since Wednesday and she's only pooped once since then is that normal?

Michaelh57":3382h457 said:
Ok thank you also I was wondering I've had her since Wednesday and she's only pooped once since then is that normal?
yes. your beardie is probably just stressed from relocating. if she dosnt poop in another week than try giving her a bath in warm water. the water should feel warm to the touch but not hot. make sure the water is no higher than shoulder height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom