Seven Month Old Beardie Eating Less- Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging

Hello!

I posted last week that my seven month, seventeen inch dragon was boycotting crickets.

Well, he still doesn't really go crazy over them. He would rather have worms or roaches. But he's gone from 20-30 crickets a day to 10-20. He devours his salad though, and he still loves worms.

Is it too early for him to be making the transition from more protein to more salad? I didn't expect it to happen for another few months but he seems to be doing just that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
10-20 crickets is still a decent amount. If he's eating lots of salad, that's great. It is possible that he is starting the transition a little earlier than normal but that's OK. I would still provide a meal of feeders every day and just keep a nice big fresh salad available with some goodies like collard or turnip greens, maybe some squash or green beans.

Raging

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply!

He's super enthusiastic about his salad. I usually use turnip greens as the main ingredient and use "treat toppers" like berries, mango, green beans, etc.

Because his activity is so normal I really am not too concerned yet. I've also hear of a puberty picky phase?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds great to me. There is a puberty picky phase (and hyper/aggressive to go along) and there are also shed related picky phases. From what I've seen, they don't tend to last for more than a few weeks or so.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
One of the easiest ways to set your mind at easy is to track weight. So long as your dragon isn't loosing weight he should be fine.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
^ I agree, keeping a weight chart is a great way to monitor general health. I keep a weight chart for Dundee.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I put the top of a shoebox on the scale. It's just big enough to hold him and I just tare the scale before I put him in the box top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom