setup suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
yyyyyyelllloo pplz,
im getting my 10 month, 16 inch bd o-goncha a new viv within a month probably and i need some set up suggestions!(furniture,etc.)
its gonna be 75 gallon, btw. also we are probably gonna use cleaned play sand,i know it can cause impaction but i feed her in a different cage. now shes on paper towels, but pee soaks right through and it gets real messy and she always tries to burrow.
soooo if anyone could post pics of their vivs, suggest products and stuff like that, it would be highly appreciated!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(already have a big cave/log, small log,small plant)

Ty!!!!! :D :D :D

hartungs

Hatchling Member
I think that setting up a new "home" is such a personal choice that it is really up to you to make the final decision on what you like and are happy with. I would suggest looking at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=66704. There are 47 pages of pictures of vivariums to scroll through. It has given me many ideas and there are some really nice looking "homes" here.

One question for you to think about... If your beardie is making such a mess right now on paper towels, how are you planning on thoroghly cleaning that out of play sand?

Sam

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I personally use ceramic tiles, just a swipe with a baby wipe to clean, and weekly I steam clean them all. Keeps everything neat and tidy ! Also, if you use the textured tiles, it will keep those nails trimmed naturally on your dragon.
Janie.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ty for the replys!!!ill definetly check out that post, and we would replace the sand every 6 months or something like that??????how easily does it pick up parasite?
for the tiles, ive heard very good things about tile. how much does it cost? cuz were goin down in money.
what about half tile+half sand?

TY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

btw should i get a new uvb lamp cause i have reptiglo (or reptisun, dont remember which, ill check) 8.00 should i get 10.00 instead? we just replaced the bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom