Setup help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy333

Ok so i have the reptisun 10.0 in a 40 galling breeder, near the side where he is basking. I have bought a few different strength flood lights to see which one will work. The 100 w, which many people use, got his basking spot way over the correct temp, like 114, before I decided to change bulbs. I now have a 75 watt on a dimmer because that was even too high. I feel like i am sitting here constantly watching his temp and it keeps changing. Is there an easier way to regulate it. Do you guys mark your dimmers so you know where you have to set it at in the morning. I just feel frustrated, I was hoping to buy a bulb which would just give me the perfect temperature.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I think a lot of us thought it would have been that easy, unfortunately there are so many more variable we don't think about when we are thinking basking lighting. Things like room temperature, proximity to a window or a door, elevation of the enclosure. Trial and error are the only things we can tell you, once you get it though, you will know. :wink:

Izzy333

Original Poster
What do u do to get it right the next day? Like tape down the dimmer light and just unplug it? This has been an all day long adventure. I thought I got it right and cooked something and just checked on him and it was at 98 at the basking spot, uh.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
You can mark your dimmer like you had mentioned. I also know where my lights should be and this and that for each enclosure. One of my enclosures I am still finding that perfect spot for the lights and this and that.

BKRsBeardie

Hatchling Member
How is it going. I know the temp thing can be frustrating, and no tank is the same. I followed advise when first getting my baby and ended up changing the basking light several times. One thing I found that has made things easier, is getting a GOOD thermometer. I use ACU Rite, you can get it from Walmart for 12.00, it will monitor the temp in the basking spot (probe) and set the base on the cool side to monitor it. It will check temps throughout the day/night and give you the higs and lows also the humidity.
I have found that if the probe isn't exactly under the light your temps can be off by quite a bit. Also, if when moving the top to feed or get your beardie out, the light may be moved an inch or two causing your reading to change quite a bit. My Beardie will move from her hammock to driftwood to her rock depending on what temp she wants to lay under. So keep this in mind also.
Good Luck!

Izzy333

Original Poster
Thank you for all the help, i finally got the temperature right, after only the entire day of doing it, lol. I bought the accurate I like it, I had to push pin it into his log at the very top, he didn't care just licked it then left it alone, lol. He is one spoiled lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom