Setting up basking in center of viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
We are currently building the viv for my son's new baby that will be coming home with us in two weeks. This weekend we are discussing design and decorations. My other two dragons live in vivs where their basking spots are on the far side and there are very clear cut temperature variances. My son wants to know if we can put Crystal's basking spot in the center of the viv. The dimensions are appx 38" long, 18" deep and 30" tall.

In theory, I figure if she has different platforms and such (like in my other vivs) there should be spaces in there that are cool enough. But I wondered if anyone here has tried setting up this way before. Can I actually get the temperatures right with a basking spot in the center of the viv?

sprinz03

Hi! According to my vet, the basking light should be in the center. He said they naturally bask out in the open but seek shelter in rocks, etc. So in the tanks, the perimeters are their safe spots.

It made sense to me the way he explained it. So the basking site is really hot, one side of the tank is the warm side, and the other is the cool side. Im able to maintain a 5-10 degree gradient in my 30 long tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom