Set Up Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
102748-1615763232.jpg
102748-4390220102.jpg
I have a 55g tank set up for my 12 week old dragon. I’m checking to make sure it’s alright.
Basking bulb: 100w reptisun tight beam
Uvb: reptisun 34” t5 5.0 HO
CHE: 100watt reptisun
Other light is a 50w reptisun I had left from last tank, just there for light
Hot side temps are mid 80s (trying to get it up but it’s 0f here)
Cool side temps are 78-80ish
Basking spot temps are included in a photo

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it looks very good ! There are a few concerns I see though. One is that the basking spots over 110 may be too hot. The other is that the t5 uvb bulb is very close to where he's sitting and can bother his eyes so I would lay that large fake basking log on it's side so that the entire basking area is lower + a bit further away from it. The hammock could be lowered as well, all of those high basking areas make it easy for him to jump + land on the hard tile which can cause a sprain or even broken bone , especially for a baby that's calcium deficient. Tile is touted as the best substrate but it is unnaturally hard and there is a risk of injuries if a dragon jumps from it's highest perch and these little guys love to jump. :) Other than that it's really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom