Beardie name(s)
Reggie
7B234DD3-BA3C-41B3-98C5-CB47E20CBCEE.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

I have gone ahead and taken your advice, I have got all the stuff you have recommended and changed up his set up.

Tomorrow I still have to install the UVB light inside Reggie’s tank as it’s just sitting on top until tomorrow. Please see photo.

As I have the heat globe in there it’s 100 watts and can’t seem to achieve optimum temperature. Should I get 150 watt?

Would love your advice and appreciate all your help so far so I thank you very much.
are you getting the surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? You may haft to go up a wattage on the basking bulb - can you raise the basking decor piece underneath it? the tank is too tall - I would get a 4x2x2 or 120 gallon tank as soon as you can --- before you do that are you putting the probe on the spot where the dragon basks? I see its stuck to the side of the tank which is fine but to get accurate temps move the probe to the place he sits then get your temp--- you dont need to leave it there only when checking your surface temps

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
are you getting the surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? You may haft to go up a wattage on the basking bulb - can you raise the basking decor piece underneath it? the tank is too tall - I would get a 4x2x2 or 120 gallon tank as soon as you can --- before you do that are you putting the probe on the spot where the dragon basks? I see its stuck to the side of the tank which is fine but to get accurate temps move the probe to the place he sits then get your temp--- you dont need to leave it there only when checking your surface temps

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
The basking light is 30cm away from his basking spot. I haven’t tried getting the actual surface temp so I’ll do that first thing tomorrow after a couple of hours of it being on.

Looking at new tanks just gotta save up abit to get one.

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Also would something like this be ok?

Finding hard to find things here in Aus. I’m coming across very similar stuff to what I have currently.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also would something like this be ok?

Finding hard to find things here in Aus. I’m coming across very similar stuff to what I have currently.
I would say NO ---that is too expensive for a 30 gallon tank -- you can get measurements on this site to figure out gallons Enclosure/Tank Measurement Conversions | Enclosures | Bearded Dragon .org
you want something like this VivExotic Repti Home (AAL) Bearded Dragon Large Grey Vivarium this is a 120 gallon tank - the one your looking at is too small and you would be buying another tank again w/ in a year --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom