Seriously...???I raised 2 kids to 9&10 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliesmom77

Why am I struggling with a lizard????
Olliver J. Tolliver is a Pet store lizard. He has already been in the ER for a "neurological" problem, we feel brought on by the lack of the pet store people telling me to dust crickets and that he would only eat 5-6 day AND to give him mealworms.....
Nursed back to health for my house to blow a fuse and he was in the cold all day....got it fixed for the electric to go off again...this time a power outtage on my street......Ran out of crickets because my mother thought it was "COOL" to watch him eat and fed him ALL of the ones in the feeder. Ordered crickets only to get MONSTER baby mouse-sized crickets in the mail by surprise.....had my EX-husband buy/bring me crickets from the ONLY place within an hour that sells them, to me. Not a happy experience for either of us......Ordered smaller crickets on Sat. to be here on Tues(tomorrow) only to be e-mailed that crickets can't be shipped in this weather.....
Guess who's makin the hour 15min drive for bait tomorrow..... :roll:
I'm thinkin there ought to be some kind of application to fill out before anyone sells you a beardie.....

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I hope things get better for you. It will all be worth it when he climbs your arm and snuggles under your chin ;)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh gee that really stinks.I do have to be a little honest the way you laid out the story did make me giggle a bit,sorry.You have quite a good way with story telling.I do agree though people really should require an education in the animals they are selling before they do so.Its hard enough without being given ALL the wrong info.

olliesmom77

Original Poster
Ha! Ha! Oh I love Ollie. He's the best. He is really affectionate already for such a little guy. I just feel like the Lizard Gods are out to get him. It's amazing how much personality he has. He has a schedule and he DOESN'T like to be taken off of it! I can't wait till he's a fatso though. I lay in the recliner with him on my tummy! He's only about 4-6" long in total (body + tail). He loves me too though, I know it.

olliesmom77

Original Poster
OLLIE4.jpg

ollie3.jpg

ollie2.jpg

ollie.jpg

Hope this works.....Here's Ollie!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Awhh Ollie is adorable :D I remember when my guys were that small.It goes by pretty quickly so enjoy it!

Can I make a suggestion? I would ditch those pellets.Aside from the big impaction risk they hold alot of humidity and bacteria that could make Ollie sick.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Aw, he is CUTE! I remember when Blazey was so little, but Vicky is right, it doesn't last long!!
Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

olliesmom77

Original Poster
Yeah....gonna do that....re: pellets.
Haven't gotten around to it yet with all of the brain/cold/cricket problems. :?
I have been told over and over by the "major chain" pet store to get the sand, but as I have learned...that's a "no-no".

I do have a maybe gross question though, does anyone have a BD that goes BM under his little hut? I was freakin' big time, I mean panicked cause I hadn't seen him poop in a day or so. Then I went to rustle a cricket out from under his little hut and WHAM.....there it was. I think he doesn't want the cat watching him. I wouldn't either.....I just thought it was awful thoughtful of him to go do-do in the same place...like the cat.....maybe HE'S been watching the CAT!!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
It's common for them to poo in the same place or on schedule, actually! There is a member here who has his beardie trained to poo on the paper towel in the corner of his viv! How cool is that? Many of them go in the tub - I wish mine would.

Oh, and they are ALWAYS watching us. Blaze has gotten to where she stands her ground when the cats approach her. It's funny, she won't run or anything. She black beards and opens her mouth sometimes, but it doesn't really seem to stress her out anymore! She knows she is safe in her viv, but I keep them away when she is out, of course.

Also, most particle substrates are a no-no, actually. They just aren't worth the impaction risk or bacterial issues they offer.. Check into laying tiles. They are wonderful, you can remove them for cleaning and they help to keep their nails filed. They look nice, too! Just get a textured ceramic or slate tile.

Alliemac

You poor thing! You definitely do have a way with stories though. It was a good read despite being full of problems for you. I put my girl on paper towel over tiles like a pp said. She's pretty good at only going potty in the same small area of the tank so I put extra paper towel that can be lifted so I can clean up easily when she goes. She also likes to go in her "swimming pool" aka large water dish but only when I've just put fresh water in. I think it's because it's so warm. Just like how little kids need to pee the second you put them in the bath. :lol:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Riddiculous isnt it?

With all the medical dramas and nursing Ive been through with Dex and Ruben I think Id have no problem with kids.
I might accidentally end up dusting them with calcium rather than talc though.... :roll:

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
If you want send me a PM and I will send you my number. Maybe we can come up with a way for you to be more efficent with your feeders and your care. If they told you one thing wrong chances are that they told you a whole bunch wrong.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom