Serious skin problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I definitely can find a way to adopt him out to an educated and experienced owner of beardies. I just would like to be able to tell someone what's wrong with him so they know....

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Maybe someone here is in your area and is willing to take a risk to help him out. Even if he doesn't make it, he deserves a chance. I wish I could help.

Robin

Trogdor_1

Juvie Member
atreyu917":aa257 said:
I just would like to be able to tell someone what's wrong with him so they know....

I am 100% positive that he has Yellow Fungus. He needs to be seen by a herp vet asap or he is probably going to die. Oral antifungal meds and a very clean environment will be the only thing to help him get better.
And when adopting him out, make sure you warn the new owners that Yellow Fungus is contagious - not only to other dragons but to other animals as well.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that is so sad. It is definitely yellow fungus, no doubt about it. He needs the treatment suggested. Nizoral is an oral antifungal medication that is effective. The betadine baths along with tea tree oil & witch hazel following, & then using lamisil or silvadene is highly effective but as already said it does take a long time to get rid of it.
Poor thing. I would love to take him in but I am in central florida. Is there anyone in your immediate area to help? Where in Georgia are you?

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I agree its definately yellow fungus.I wish I was closer I would take him in a heart beat.Any chance you can take him home on a temp basis until you find him a home?He really needs intensive daily treatments multiple times a day to get that under control and out of his system.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm in Acworth GA about 20 minutes north of Atlanta. And I wish there was a way I could take him home for now, but between the riles of Petco and my parents, there is no way I could get him out of there. I'm really upset by this because if I go behind the vet's advice then it'll look bad on the udpates we are required to send into corporate. I will probably get in trouble for doing other treatments, and even if I try to do it there are going to be people who will skip over doing his treatments. I'm sure. But i am going to do my best. And I'll do it as often as I can. I'm getting the stuff tonight I think for work tomorrow.

I got more of a story on why he said to just to baths though. He said it was a bacterial infection in which is healing because it's not red and inflamed anymore. He said the medications he would normally give would be no good cause of how close it was to his eye.

I think I'm going to ask to be the one who takes him to the vet for his next check up so I can ask this Dr some questions

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope something that can be figured out soon. If he does not get the proper treatment, he will not make it for much longer. That is a very invasive area that he has going there & it can disfigure him & affect his eating.
It just does not seem right to me that the people at the petstore are this incompetent enough to where they will not do treatment? What is wrong with this picture, they have to go through corporate & wait for corporate to say it is ok to put some cream on him? Oh the frustration.

Tracie

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":32b2d said:
Hello,

I hope something that can be figured out soon. If he does not get the proper treatment, he will not make it for much longer. That is a very invasive area that he has going there & it can disfigure him & affect his eating.
It just does not seem right to me that the people at the petstore are this incompetent enough to where they will not do treatment? What is wrong with this picture, they have to go through corporate & wait for corporate to say it is ok to put some cream on him? Oh the frustration.

Tracie

Well I'm gonna try and talk to everyone about it and just write instructions on another paper. I just wish I could find someone to adopt him so I don't have to worry about him on the days I have off. Hopefully I can get everyone to work with me on this....I worry about the little guy. Thus, why I have not named him.
So what's the exact treatments you reccommend and they best supplies? How many times a day? i want to make SURE I have this right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom