SERIOUS MATTERS PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmfp

OK SO HERES THE SHORT END OF THE LONG STICK

LATELY MY BEARDIE HAS THROWN UP 2 TIMES AND SINCE THEN SHE HAS BEEN SITTING UNDER THE HEAT LIGHT WITH HER EYES CLOSED AND HER BELLY AND BEARD AND FACE AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN PITCH BLAK SHE IS ONLY ABOUT 1 MONTH OLD IF THAT SHE JUST GOT DONE HER SECOND SHED AND IM WORRIED SHE MIGHT BE DIEN HER EYES ARE SUNK IN AND SHE DOESNT MOVE MUCH AND THE APPETITE IS OUT THE WINDOW IVE BEEN FEEDING HER BABY FOOD WITH CALCIUM IN IT AND SOME REPTAID. BUT STILL NOTHING SHE DIDNT EVEN MOVE WHEN THE LIGHTS CAME ON THIS MORNING I HAD TO PICK HER UP AND PUT HER ON THE BOX UNDER THE UVB BECAUSE I KNOW IT HELPS ANYBODY I NEED HELP PLEASE HELP ME....

O PS WHEN I PUT HER IN WARM BATHS SHE IS ACTIVE LIKE JUMPING TO TRY TO GET OUT AND ALL AND A LITTLE POOP COMES OUT BUT ITS WHITE AND NOT MUCH. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

TO GET THE GENERALS OUT THE WAY

TEMPS: 95-100
rEPTILE cARPET
UVB REPTISUN 10.0 LONG TUBE

SHE HAS A PLACE TO HIDE AND A PLACE TO BASK.

I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hi ! sorry to hear she isn't doing well at all.
Could you tell us how old she is ?
How are you measuring those temps ?

Now, usually when a dragon throws up, either it is not warm enough for digestion, * that's why I asked how old she was, low temps like that are usually fine for adults, but younger dragons prefer higher temps*,
Or the food was too large for her to eat and digest.
Keeping feeders to no longer than the distance between the eyes is highly recommended.
Let us know,please
Janie.

bmfp

Original Poster
she is only about 9-10 inches long and about 1 month old

her temps are 95-100

and im measuring this with a temp gun

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Okay, so it is the temps that are the issue here. Raise the basking temps to around 105 and see if that doesn't make a difference. Also, 1 month old is very fragile, so you will need to take extra care with her. However, I am heartened to see her length, that is some great growth for one so small... Are you sure she is only 1 month old ? Not closer to 10-12 weeks ? Do you have a hatch date for her ?
Also, once you raise those temps, try bathing her in baby warm water daily, this will help keep her hydrated, and she might turn out to be a "tub pooper" Easy for clean ups !
Keep us posted on her progress.
Janie.

bmfp

Original Poster
i dont think its her temps thought cause this just started happening before she was pooping fine and everything and now all of a sudden she is doing this.

but im giving her back to the breeder today so he can keep a eye on her and help me out i just hope i go home and she is ok thats all

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Received. Thanks.
So what UVB are you supplying her ? I see you say a reptiSun 10.0 . I can't see a basking spot either. You can either mail me that, or just describe here.
Janie.

bmfp

Original Poster
i have a 36 inch long reptisun 10.0 uvb and 150 watt basking lamp for her to bask under and she is in a 20 gallon tank since she is small still

what r ur thoguhts on the pictures

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
For one, she is beautiful. the other is yes, she looks a bit off.
You said in the Health thread you are returning her to the breeder. Yes ? Perhaps he/she can figure out what is happening. We can normally pinpoint on things, but It appears you have the correct everything. Heat, UVB, so I am not quite sure where to take this.
Perhaps Drache316 can offer something more than I, She is quite a bit more knowledgeable than I am, though I do try hard to help as much as I can. Sometimes it just takes that right set of eyes to figure out things.
Janie.
Would you like me to place your photos here ? I think I can.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
bmfp":1c98c said:
i have a 36 inch long reptisun 10.0 uvb and 150 watt basking lamp for her to bask under and she is in a 20 gallon tank since she is small still

what r ur thoguhts on the pictures

I didn't see the pics but we did have Zoom in a 20 gallon tank last year when we first got her and she was very small. I think the 150 watt basking bulb may be making the temps a little to hot. I never needed more than a 60 watt, and, even tho I'm in AZ, I can't see how you would need any thing bigger than a 75 watt even in the winter. Maybe you should check the batteries in your temp gun?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Also, have you tried bathing her daily ? She might be dehydrated. Young dragons are indeed prone to this, and looking again at the pictures, that just might be the issue. Bath her in water to her shoulders with either your hand or a soft cloth under her claws for stability, for 15 minutes in baby warm water (90-100*F).
See if that doesn't help out.
Janie.
IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

bmfp

Original Poster
to zebra

i tried the bathing this whole week and her body doesnt change she just stays like she looks and doesnt drink

but i hope the breeder can do something for her she is a beautiful girl and i would hate to lose her to something

to the guy/girl who wrote before zebra

temp gun batteries are fine i live in NJ and the temp gun reads it correctly right where she is sitting

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
To everyone, the pictures under my last post are of the dragon we are speaking of. The OP was kind enough to email me these, and I added them to my photobucket account to post here for him.
Janie.

bmfp

Original Poster
UPDATE:::::::::::::::;;

my mom just texted me since im at work the dragon pooped a little bit and it was white with yellow on it and it was little

anything u can get from this my mom basically called it a wet fart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom