seperating roaches???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac1

Juvie Member
well i want to know how to seperate my roaches i have turks at the moment, and i know the two buckets with drilled holes method but is there any other way to do this does and does two bucket method really work, and if i want to seperate a few so that i can feed easier, would the larger cricket keeper with the black tubes work to keep some in there or would they climb out.
thanx in advance

patrickb

Juvie Member
Yes, the bucket method works very well. By using a series of buckets, you can sort all of your roaches to various sizes quite easily and effortlessly. The topmost bucket should have the largest holes, and each bucket below it a slightly smaller hole. Throw a bunch of roaches in the top bucket, come back 30 mins later and they are sorted to size for you. The best approach is to use the bucket method about once a week, then take the size that you need and keep them in a seperate tote. Then all you have to do is grab however many you need without worrying about the size.

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
bigmac1":31d61 said:
well i want to know how to seperate my roaches i have turks at the moment, and i know the two buckets with drilled holes method but is there any other way to do this does and does two bucket method really work, and if i want to seperate a few so that i can feed easier, would the larger cricket keeper with the black tubes work to keep some in there or would they climb out.
thanx in advance
here take a look at my site i have phots and info on how to seperate differnts sizes.
http://theroachguy.com/caresheet.htm

bigmac1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks but how many buckets would this require or does it depend on what sizes I want to seperate and will the turks be able to climb out. And would the cricket keeper work to keep about 100 so I can feed easier

patrickb

Juvie Member
One bucket for every size you will need, plus one extra bucket for the collection, though you could just use a tote or anything really for the collection part. Do be wary though, I have seen plenty of buckets I suspect Turks could climb. It is easily solved by using some clear packing tape (1.5" wide) about halfway up the buckets on the inside and the outside both. The Turks can't get past the packing tape. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom