Sensitive Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed recently that every time one of our children starts screaming or crys Bruce fluffs his beard out and has a temper fit. Is this normal? Is all the high pitched screaming hurting his hearing or is he sympathizing with his "sibs" when they have their temper fits? I quickly scoot my children off to another room calm them then calm Bruce. It's an odd behaviour i've noticed. Can anyone offer and suggestions or insight? Curious.
Lyn

not very nice for them because their ear drums are so close to the surface.
"The vivarium must not be placed anywhere where it would be in light for 24 hours, or somewhere subject to loud noises, as both of these will cause the dragon stress." - beardie site.

I moved my viv from the livingarea that was a high traffic are to my room. He's alot happier. you should do the same.
loud noises = stress = your killing your beardie :(

broozersfam

Original Poster
Oh wow i had no idea i guess i should find another spot for him but then again we do have a small house. Our kids run allover screaming and fussing so i hope i can find a nice quiet spot for him. He seems to enjoy greeting everyone in our family as they come in.
Thank You
Lyn

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
mine are in our rec room and they love watching us play video games of corse i have a curtain that i can pull in front if they get stressed. i have noticed that if im upset mine will pace back and forth and glass dance

broozersfam

Original Poster
I have been noticing in the evening around the time thaat i put our sons to bed Bruce wants to go to bed too. We turn his basking lamp off and have the other lamp on and his goes into his den and goes to sleep. He gets his "good night Bruce " from our sons and he put his head against the glass and is out faster than our kids are! LOL He starts waking up around the same time our sons do for school. He does "beardie" nap during the day. We just love him so much and never knew what we were missing. He is very wonderful part of our family. We are going to work on his new place whis weekend well let me re phrase that I will be working on his new place. LOL Thank you everyone for you help i don't know what i'd do with out you all.
Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom