second beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey

i have had my bd(named scooter)2years,she is 2years 3months old,i am thinking of buying second female bd about 18months to 2years old and
keeping them together,my viv is 4ftx2ftx2ft,i am looking for other peoples oppions before i buy second bd,
my main concern is putting another bd with scooter as she as been on her own for 2years

GunRack

I dont think you will get too many responses to this since there are a ton of posts about beardies together- from what I have read, i have not found a post yet that condones placing beardies together. I know- i have looked as I have two together right now and really begining to think i should seperate them. I wouldnt suggest it for your situation personally; Scooter has established his/her tank as his/her own and putting a new one in would cause Scooter stress, and possiblly get your new addition attacked. Not something you really want to chance.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
smokey":2v6omc2e said:
i have had my bd(named scooter)2years,she is 2years 3months old,i am thinking of buying second female bd about 18months to 2years old and
keeping them together,my viv is 4ftx2ftx2ft,i am looking for other peoples oppions before i buy second bd,
my main concern is putting another bd with scooter as she as been on her own for 2years

The only way housing 2 females together works out is when both females are used to being housed with tank mates. If your female is used to having her own home all to herself you will end up with issues as she will feel her space is being invaded and will attempt to dominate the new tank mate. This could result in fighting and loss of life and/or limb.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Brian. The first two beardies we had were both female and best friends. The two we have now I would never house together. Rosie gets peeved at Goldie from time to time, not very often but I'd hate to see what would happen if they were out together with no one home, we will never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom