Sealant question

Status
Not open for further replies.

julie

Anyone ever use spray on acrylic sealant? I have the one made by Krylon. It says indoor/outdoor, but I want to make sure it's ok for my platform. I sprayed it last week, and I can still smell a little. Just want to make sure it'll be ok for my beardie with heat an all. Anyway, just wondered if it would be ok to use.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
After the smell has gone COMPLETELY away, sit it under a Heat light for about 2 hour's then come back and check it, the heat may cause it to produce Fume's and Smell. Make sure it's not in your Beardies enclosure while you do this test. Lol.

julie

Original Poster
I actually bought another one from Lowe's that says non-toxic. This is what I put on last week. I've left it outside for the past week. I've set it under the heat lamp for a couple of hours, and I can still smell a little. Now when I say smell, I have to get up close to smell it. Is is safe to put it in?

RuselBro

Juvie Member
You got to think a Beardies head is going to be close to it, and they would constantly be getting the fume's. Wait till it has no smell at all, sometime's it can take a week or more.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Haha I know the feeling. When I finished my Enclosure I had to wait on the 2-Part Epoxy and Sealent to Dry, felt like it took foreverrrrr.

julie

Original Poster
Ok, so it's been a month, and I still smell the sealant. Should I use something else? I bought it because it says it was non-toxic, but def. still smells. It's been outside, and I've put it under a heat lamp. Same results.

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
I used mod podge on my build as well and as soon as it dries, there is no smell. It's a bit of a pain to have to paint it on with a brush but it's definitely safe and odorless.

julie

Original Poster
Finally no smell! My beardie finally my beardie gets his platform.
20130313_204553_zpsfcd696da.jpg

20130313_195020_zps2dc8e6f0.jpg

He jumped up there as soon as i put it in!

Think I'll make some more backgrounds for the sides this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom