Sealant & Background Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
I'm glad I haven't bought my lumber yet... (I did buy two small cabinet doors for the base, which I started staining/sealing)

I have water-based Minwax stain (a gorgeous terra cotta color) that I was going to use on plywood. It's my understanding that it IS safe to use, but not to stain the interior of his viv, right?

I'm guessing I can't use the Minwax Helmsman Indoor/Outdoor Polyurethane I bought to seal it right? Because I just did a couple of cabinet doors for the base and it's definately outgassing. (I'm thinking of sticking them outside for the next couple of days.) Minwax does have two water-based polyurethanes. Will those be all right for the rest? http://www.minwax.com/products/interior_clear_protective_finishes/water_based_polyurethane.html
http://www.minwax.com/products/interior_clear_protective_finishes/water_based_wipe_on_poly.html (This one says currently available in CA.)
And if I want a printed background, such as a poster/landscape scene, how is that affixed to the back? With shellac or something similar?

Many thanks!

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
EAGLES":2mqhsjhr said:
Still looking for help, or have you built it already?

Still pondering the background, but after looking through several other threads, I went with the water-based Minwax sealant. Thanks!!!!!! We're almost done building it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom