Screen Top or solid top with back and side Vents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeva

I am about to undertake making a larger viv for my beardie. I have looked at all the different styles and plans and know what I want to do and how big I want it. The only thing I am trying to decided is if I should use a screened top with the lights sitting on it (which is what I am using now wiht my aquarium). The screened top would provide the ventilation. Or, should I have a solid top with the lights mounted inside and put vents on the sides and back for ventilation.

Which is the better method?

My enclosure will be 40x30x24 which will give ample room for my beardie to move around in.

Thanks

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
UV light should be on the inside for maximum UV exposure even if you decide to use a screen top. The screen will filter out quite a bit of the UV rays.

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Its actually two pieces of 1/4" aluminum channel from the hardware store. And I actually used plexi for the sliding panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom