Scratching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has been non stop scratching at his glass, digging in the corners of his viv and scratching his body like a dog, but recently it has been getting a lot worse, i love my beardie but its starting to get really annoying and i dont know how to stop it! my temperatures in my viv are at the right temperatures and the viv is 4ft long, 2ft high, he has plenty things to climb on and hide under and he also has fresh water, greens and crickets daily, he is healthy and just over 12 months, i dont know why he is acting this way but some suggestion on why and how to stop it would be nice :)

Sounds like he might be getting ready to shed. Are any of his scales a milky white color? Also do you mist him and/or bathe him?
If he's getting ready to shed his scales will be very very itchy.

I'm 99% sure that's shedding because of him scratching his body like a dog xD they display that behaviour when shedding.

jinzilla

you noted your beardie is over 12 months old, however, you didn't mention if you've had him since a baby or recently received him. Assuming you've had him since a baby, you would have witnessed his shedding behavior many times over by now.

If you're 100% sure it's not from shedding, you may want to check if it's maybe mites?

RuselBro

Juvie Member
If it's not Shed, it sound's like it could be Mite's, maybe even Yellow Fungus, or he got burnt or bit by a Cricket's "Which haooen's if you leave them in the enclosure over night"

Also it shouldn't be annoying what he does. Beardies have their own behavior's. You wouldn't want someone calling you annoying especially if it was a medical reason or normal behavior "Like the beardie having Mite's or going into Shed".

AnnieLovesColin

Original Poster
ive had him since he was roughly 4 months old and i bought him from a good supplier and got him checked out and he was fine and healthy. I hand feed him so no crickets would be running around his tank so ive no idea how he could get mites :( ive also done some research and apparently hes been "glass surfing" for attention? but every time i take him out he doesnt seem to like being handled or being out of his viv so i just dont know what to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom